01.01.2015 - 31.12.2015
I really like the planner and the stats on Travellerspoint. It doesn't seem to be 100% accurate (at least I have no idea how I was able to travel for 528 days in 2015...), but apart from that I proudly(?) present my crazy travel stats of 2015 (mostly because I can't believe I was able to pull this off):
Total distance travelled: 124,443 km / 76,086 miles
Countries visited: 13 countries
Distance travelled: 3.1x around the world
- Austria (5x): Austria is Munich's playground for snowboarding in the winter & hiking in the summer
- Canada (1x): Visited my relatives in Kelowna after a business trip to Seattle
- Egypt (1x): Kitesurfing vacation in March
- France (2x): Paris! No l'amour, but vendor meetings at the Paris bookfair and our office in Clichy
- Italy (2x): Again for work, I was at the Turin Book Fair in the spring and then in Milan during the winter.
- Luxembourg (11x): Yeah, this definitely must be some kind of record. It would have been 12x if I hadn't gotten sick in December...
- Mexico (1x): 1 week in Playa del Carmen for a wedding in December!
- Netherlands (1x): A weekend with my friends Coralie & Hector
- Norway (1x): New Year's trip with my friend Andi and her flight attendant colleagues -- First time in Scandinavia!!
- Spain (2x): Managed the impossible in Madrid & Barcelona and onboarded vendors for our business in lightening speed! Also met my Catalan host family for the first time again in 10 freaking years!!!
- United Arab Emirates (1x): Visited my brother & wife for a long weekend in Dubai together with my best friend
- United Kingdom (5x): So many vendor meetings! And the London bookfair I love my UK team
- United States (4x): Seattle, Seattle, Seattle...and then for Thanksgiving with my family near Washington, DC. One of the Seattle trips my friend Riyo and I also visited Portland the weekend after (great city!)
My full map of 2015 trips can be found here:
Snowboarding in Austria:
Host family reunion after 10 years in Barcelona:
Kitesurfing in Egypt:
Hiking in the Alps with my friend Stephan:
Family Time in Washington, DC:
And last, but not least: One of my proudest moments in 2015